Istoricul instituțiilor implicate

The Institute of Language and Literature of the Moldovan Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. 1946-1991

The Institute was founded in 1946, after the USSR occupied Bessarabia, part of the Romanian region of Moldova, having the name The Institute of History, Language and Literature of the Moldovan Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. In 1958 it received its name that was kept until 1991, when the fall of USSR prompted a reorganization of the Academy.

 

The Institute of Philology of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova, successor of the former institution. 2006-ongoing

The Institute was founded in 2006 by regrouping former division of both the former Institute of Language and Literature and the former Institute of Ethnography and Folklore. The Institute comprises now 3 centers: the Center of Linguistics, the Center of Literature and Folklore, the Center of Terminology.

 

Central Scientific Archive of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova. 1963-ongoing

The institution was founded in 1963 in order to keep together the materials of all the Institutes of the Moldovan Branch of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR. The institution was located in the main building of the Academy, on Ştefan cel Mare Bd., but after 1991 it was relocated for more space to another building of the Academy, on Academiei Street. As a consequence, part of the archival material left the building where the Institute was based and went to another location.